BMW / SAE Engineering Scholarship
This annual scholarship is provided by BMW AG in recognition of its commitment to excellence in engineering. BMW is world famous for designing and building luxury, high-performance passenger cars and motorcycles. The company is also a leader in developing and manufacturing high technology, high performance internal combustion engines.
This scholarship is in support of the SAE Foundation to ensure an adequate supply of well-trained engineers for the future.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. resident.
- 3.75 or better grade point average on a 4.0 scale (required).
- Rank in the 90th percentile in both math and critical reading on SAT I or composite ACT scores.
- Pursue an engineering or related science degree through an ABET accredited program.
Terms of Scholarship:
- One scholarship will be awarded each year for $1,500 per year.
- Scholarship may be renewed at $1,500 a year for three additional years (total award $6,000).
Application Deadline: January 15
How to Apply:
- Begin the application process online.
- Official high school transcript
- SAT/ACT scores
Selection and Announcement of Recipient:
- Recipient will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- All SAE Scholarship winners will be posted in July/August.
Payment of Scholarship Funds:
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.
Terms for Renewal of Scholarship: May be renewed for $1,500 per year for three additional years.
- Must maintain a 3.0 grade point average.
- Complete the BMW/SAE Engineering Scholarship renewal form.