SAE Detroit Section $5,000 Technical Scholarship
Established in 2001, this scholarship is sponsored by the SAE Detroit Section to encourage children and grandchildren of current Detroit Section members to pursue careers in engineering or science. The Section anticipates a need for more student candidates in these fields as a shortage of qualified graduates is expected.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. citizenship (not permanent resident).
- Child or grandchild of a current SAE Detroit Section member.
- 3.0 or better grade point average on a 4.0 scale (required).
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Enroll in a two- or four-year engineering or science program at an ABET accredited college or university.
Terms of Scholarship:
- Two scholarships will be awarded each year for $5,000 per year.
- Scholarship may be renewed at $5,000 a year for three additional years (total award $20,000).
Application Deadline: January 15.
How to Apply:
- Begin the application process online.
- If you are qualified, you will be prompted to continue the process and submit the following:
- An official copy of your high school transcript with SAT/ACT scores.
- FAFSA form.
- At least one letter of recommendation from an adult, non-family member (teacher, coach, pastor, etc.)
- All information must be submitted by January 15.
Selection and Announcement of Recipients:
- Recipient will be selected by the SAE Detroit Section Scholarship Committee, in cooperation with the SAE Foundation, and notified by the end of June.
- Applicants not selected will be notified by the end of July.
Payment of Scholarship Funds:
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.
- May be renewed for $5,000 per year for up to three additional years.
- Must maintain a 2.5 grade point average.
- Remain in good standing at the college or university.
- A student who completed a two-year program may continue for an additional consecutive two years at a second school offering a complete engineering or science degree.
- Complete the SAE Detroit Section Scholarship renewal form.
Questions can be directed to:
SAE Scholarships and Loans Program
400 Commonwealth Drive
Warrendale, PA 15096 USA