SAE / Ford Partnership for Advanced Studies Scholarship
Established in 2007, The Ford Partnership for Advanced Studies (Ford PAS) Scholarship was developed by the Ford Motor Company Fund in partnership with Education Development Center Inc. (EDC). It is for high school seniors who are past or present students in a Ford Next Generation Learning Community, and/ or past or present students of a Ford PAS program at their high school or in a Ford PAS afterschool/weekend/summer/college program.Ford Next Generation Learning mobilizes educators, employers, and community leaders to prepare a new generation of young people who will graduate from high school ready for college, career, and life- prepared to compete successfully in the 21st century economy. The Ford Partnership for Advanced Studies (Ford PAS) curriculum and its related professional development serve as a practice model for transforming teaching and learning. PAS is an academically rigorous, interdisciplinary curriculum and program that provides students with content knowledge and skills necessary for future success - in such areas as business, economics, engineering, and technology. The inquiry- and project-based program offers a series of modules that links learning in traditional academic subjects with the challenges students will face in post-secondary education and with the expectations of the workplace they will face as adults. These links are forged through community-wide, cooperative efforts and innovative partnerships that join local high schools, colleges and universities, and businesses. Through coordinated, real-world learning opportunities, Ford PAS provides experiences to help students make decisions about their future education and careers. This scholarship is in support of the SAE Foundation to ensure an adequate supply of well-trained engineers for the future. Student Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. resident
- Current high school senior.
- 3.0 or better grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Rank in the 90th percentile in both math and critical reading on SAT 1 or the composite ACT scores.
- Pursuing a bachelor/associate degree in engineering or technology through an ABET accredited program.
- Planning to attend an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Past or present students in a Ford Next Generation Learning Community, and/ or past or present students of a Ford PAS program at their high school or in a Ford PAS afterschool/weekend/summer/college program.
Terms of Scholarship:
One $5,000 scholarship will be awarded each year.
Application Deadline: January 15
How to Apply: Qualified Individuals will be identified through the Ford Next Generation Learning Community. To learn more about the Ford Next Generation Learning Program, please visit here.
Selection and Announcement of Recipients:
- Recipient will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- All SAE Scholarship winners will be posted in July/August.
Payment of Scholarship Funds:
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.
Terms for Renewal of Scholarship:
This scholarship is not renewable.