Dan and Vicky Hancock Scholarship for Mechanical Engineering Excellence
The Dan and Vicky Hancock Scholarship for Mechanical Engineering Excellence, established by Dan and Vicky Hancock, provides financial support for students pursuing college degrees in the field of mechanical engineering. A Kettering graduate, Dan enjoyed a 43-year automotive engineering career at General Motors where he served as Vice President of Global Strategic Alliances. A longtime SAE member, Dan is an SAE Fellow who served on the SAE Foundation Board of Trustees, the SAE International Board of Directors and currently serves as the SAE International President. In 2011, Dan was elected to the National Academy of Engineering - one of the highest honors an engineer can receive. Dan and Vicky believe strongly in helping others and giving back to the community through their many philanthropic and volunteer activities. Student Eligibility Requirements:
- Pursue an mechanical engineering or related science degree through an ABET accredited program
- One scholarship will be awarded each year for $5,500 per year.
- Students will be eligible to receive the scholarship for multiple years but the student must reapply each year and be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee.
- Begin the application process online.
- Application including an essay that outlines financial need and career interest
- Official high school and/or college transcript
- SAT/ACT scores
- Completed FAFSA form
- Two letters of recommendation (one from an advisor of a related extracurricular activity)
- Recipient will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- All SAE Scholarship winners will be posted in July/August.
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.