Edward D. Hendrickson / SAE Engineering Scholarship
Hendrickson International, a Boler Company, established an endowment to underwrite the scholarship in memory of the late Edward D. Hendrickson.
Mr. Hendrickson was deeply committed to the truck industry and was considered one of the foremost authorities on truck suspensions in the nation. He was active in SAE, where he chaired local, regional, and national committees and published several papers on truck suspension systems.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. citizenship (not permanent resident).
- 3.75 grade point average.
- Rank in the 90th percentile in both math and critical reading on SAT I or composite ACT scores.
- Pursue an engineering degree accredited by ABET.
Terms of Scholarship:
- One scholarship will be awarded each year for $1,000 per year.
- Scholarship may be renewed at $1,000 a year for three additional years (total award $4,000).
Application Deadline: January 15
How to Apply:
- Begin the application process online.
- If you are qualified, you will be prompted to continue the process and submit the following:
- Official copy of your high school transcript
- SAT/ACT scores
- All information must be submitted by January 15.
Selection and Announcement of Recipient:
- Recipient will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- Applicants not selected will be notified by the end of July.
Payment of Scholarship Funds:
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.
Terms for Renewal of Scholarship: May be renewed for $1,000 per year for three additional years.
- Must maintain a 3.0 grade point average.
- Must continue enrollment in engineering.
- Complete the Edward E. Hendrickson/SAE Engineering Scholarship renewal form.
Questions can be directed to:
SAE Scholarships and Loans Program
400 Commonwealth Drive
Warrendale, PA 15096 USA