High School Seniors - for the Freshman Year
SAE Scholarships: Sponsored through the SAE Foundation
- Review the requirements for each scholarship.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions before completing the application.
- Begin the application process online.
- Complete and sign the application. All applications must be typed (hand-written applications will be rejected).
Submit the following documents by January 15:
- Completed application with signatures
- Official high school transcript*
- SAT/ACT scores (if not on transcript). A copy of your scores printed from The College Board website is acceptable.
- Any additional documentation required for each scholarship (letters of recommendation, etc.)
*Note about submitting high school transcripts.
If possible, the Guidance Counselor should email the transcript directly from a high school email address to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name of the student in the subject line or mail it in a sealed envelope directly to the address below.
400 Commonwealth Drive
Warrendale, PA 15096
Recipients will be notified by June/July. A list of all recipients of the SAE Scholarships Program will be posted online in July/August.
|Overview of the SAE Engineering Scholarships Available for the Freshman Year|
|Scholarship Name||Minimum GPA on 4.0 scale*||Minimum SAT/ACT Scores||Required Major(s)|
|BMW / SAE Engineering Scholarship||3.75||90th percentile||Engineering|
|Ford / SAE Foundation Scholarship Fund||3.0||90th percentile||Engineering or Technology|
|Dan and Vicky Hancock Scholarship||3.5||SAT score: 600 - math, 550 - reading; ACT score: 27||Engineering|
|Edward D. Hendrickson / SAE Engineering Scholarship||3.75||90th percentile||Engineering|
|Donald and Barbara Mozley Scholarship||3.5||SAT score: 600 - math, 550 - reading; ACT score: 27||Engineering|
|Tau Beta Pi / SAE Engineering Scholarship||3.75||SAT score: 600 - math, 550 - reading; ACT score: 27||Engineering|
|TMC / SAE Donald D Dawson Technical Scholarship||3.25||SAT score: 600 - math, 550 - reading; ACT score: 27||Engineering|
|Fred M Young Sr/SAE Engineering Scholarship||3.75||90th percentile||Engineering|