SAE Long Term Member Sponsored Scholarship
Established in 1994, this scholarship recognizes outstanding SAE student members who actively support SAE and its activities. It is awarded purely on the basis of the student's support for SAE and its programs, the Collegiate Chapter or the local SAE Section and its activities.
It is sponsored by the SAE Foundation and funded through contributions from long-term SAE members (25, 35 and 50 years of service). Many of these members have elected to fund this scholarship in place of receiving a Long Term Recognition Award from SAE.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- College junior at the time of application.
- SAE student member who actively supports SAE and its programs.
- Pursue an engineering degree through an ABET accredited program.
Terms of Scholarship:
Several $1,000 scholarship will be awarded each year, depending on available funding levels.
Application Deadline: February 15
How to Apply:
- Begin the application process online. (Coming soon)
- At least one letter of recommendation from a SAE Faculty Advisor, a SAE Section officer or a community leader.
Selection and Announcement of Recipient:
- Recipients will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- All SAE Scholarship winners will be posted in July/August.
Payment of Scholarship Funds:
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.
Terms for Renewal of Scholarship: This scholarship is not renewable.