Donald and Barbara Mozley Scholarship
The Donald and Barbara Mozley Scholarship provides financial support for students pursuing an engineering degree at an ABET-accredited college or university. Don Mozley was a renowned broadcast journalist who spent 62 years working for CBS Radio and KCBS/74 in San Francisco. Hired by CBS in 1942, Don covered such historic events as WWII, the atomic bomb tests at Bikini the presidential campaigns of Nixon and Eisenhower, and the Senate race of Robert Taft. He received the Excellence in Journalism Award from the Society of Professional Journalists' Northern California Chapter in recognition of his distinguished broadcasting career. In addition to news, Don's passion was cars and he spent much of his career covering automotive history in his features, "California Driver" and "Don Mozley's Auto Test". It is in the spirit of Don's love for cars that he established the Donald and Barbara Mozley Scholarship to support students pursuing degrees in engineering. Student Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. Resident
- Open to all applicants - freshman through senior at an ABET accredited program college or university
- 3.5 or better for high school applicants
- SAT I math of 600 or above and critical reading of 550 or above, and/or an ACT composite score of 27 or above
- Financial need as determined by a completed FAFSA form
- Depending on corpus state and number of qualified candidates, SAE will strive to award seven scholarships of $5,000 each year;
- Students will be eligible to receive the scholarship for multiple years but the student must reapply each year and be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee.
- Begin the application process online. (Coming soon)
- Application including an essay that outlines reasons for pursuing a career in engineering.
- Official high school and/or college transcript
- SAT/ACT scores
- Completed FAFSA form
- One letter of recommendation
- Recipient will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- All SAE Scholarship winners will be posted in July/August.
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.