Siegel / Service Technology Scholarships
Established in 2000, these scholarships were made possible through the generous support of Arnold W. Siegel and the SAE Foundation, the State of Montana Office of Higher Education and six Montana colleges.
Mr. Siegel's pioneering work in crash injury research at UCLA, contributed to modern crashworthy transportation vehicles and to the understanding of human tolerance in collisions. Mr. Siegel, an SAE Fellow and Montana Ambassador, initiated these scholarships as a way to recognize the contributions made by service technicians to the quality of life in the state of Montana.
The Siegel / Service Technology Scholarship will be available to students who have demonstrated achievement and a willingness to pursue careers in the service technology fields of automotive, heavy truck, agriculture, aircraft, auto body repair & refinishing, off-highway equipment or related mobility technology. Careers in these fields require individuals with mechanical aptitudes, communication and analytical skills.
Applications are available at the following six participating colleges:
University of Montana-Helena, Helena College of Technology
University of Montana-Missoula, Missoula College of Technology
Montana State University-Billings, College of Technology
Montana State University-Great Falls, College of Technology
Montana State University-Northern Havre, College of Technology
Montana Tech-Butte, College of Technology
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. citizenship (not permanent resident).
- College freshman at the time of application.
- 3.0 better grade point average.
- Montana resident.
- Pursue an education at the participating colleges in Montana in the service technology fields of automotive, heavy truck, agriculture, aircraft, auto body repair & refinishing, off-highway equipment or related mobility technology.
Terms of Scholarship:
Six scholarships will be awarded each year for $1,000 per year.
Application Deadline: May 15
How to Apply:
- Download the application and save it to your computer as a Word document.
- Complete the application. All applications should be typed and submitted as a Word document or in .pdf format.
- Request a recommendation letter from two of your instructors. Ask them to submit their completed forms to the Financial Aid Office by May 15.
- Submit the following to your college Financial Aid Office by May 15:
- Completed application
- Official copy of your college transcript
- Letters of recommendation from two instructors
Selection and Announcement of Recipient:
- Recipient will be selected by the individual universities and notified by the end of June.
- Applicants not selected will be notified by the end of July.
Payment of Scholarship Funds:
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.
Terms for Renewal of Scholarship:
- May be renewed for $1,000 per year for one additional year.
- Must maintain a 2.5 grade point average.
- Remain in good standing at the college or university.
- Complete the Scholarship renewal form.
Questions? Email the SAE Scholarship Program.