SAE Women Engineers Committee Scholarship
The SAE Women Engineers Committee established this scholarship to encourage young women graduating from high school to enter the field of engineering. They are committed to increasing the diversity of SAE membership, especially by promoting the participation and leadership of women.
The scholarship is made possible through a generous donation from Mercedes-Benz USA, headquartered in Montvale, New Jersey. www.mbusa.com
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. citizenship (not permanent resident).
- 3.0 grade point average.
- Accepted into an ABET accredited engineering program.
Terms of Scholarship:
One $2,000 scholarship will be awarded for the freshman year only.
Application Deadline: January 15
How to Apply:
- Begin the application process online.
- If you are qualified, you will be prompted to continue the process and submit the following:
- Official copy of your high school transcript
- SAT/ACT scores
- All information must be submitted by January 15.
Selection and Announcement of Recipient:
- Recipient will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- Applicants not selected will be notified by the end of July.
Payment of Scholarship Funds:
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.
Terms for Renewal of Scholarship: This scholarship is not renewable.
Questions can be directed to:
SAE Scholarships and Loans Program
400 Commonwealth Drive
Warrendale, PA 15096 USA