Fred M. Young Sr. / SAE Engineering Scholarship
The Young Radiator Company established this scholarship in memory of the company's founder, Fred M. Young, Sr. Mr. Young started the company in 1927 and saw it grow to become a major force in the field of Heat Transfer. He had a high regard for the value of engineering in terms of its contribution to the success of society.
Mr. Young felt that the profession's nobility lay in its focus on building rather than allocating the assets of the world and improving rather than administering the product of our work. Fred M. Young, Sr. was a life member of SAE and was elected to the Fellow grade of membership in 1982.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. resident.
- 3.75 or better grade point average on a 4.0 scale (required).
- Rank in the 90th percentile in both math and critical reading on SAT I or composite ACT scores.
- Pursuing an engineering degree through an ABET accredited program.
Terms of Scholarship:
- One scholarship will be awarded each year for $1,000.
- Scholarship may be renewed at $1,000 a year for three additional years (total award $4,000).
Application Deadline: January 15
How to Apply:
- Begin the application process online. (Coming soon)
- Official high school transcript
- SAT/ACT scores
Selection and Announcement of Recipient:
- Recipient will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- All SAE Scholarship winners will be posted in July/August.
Payment of Scholarship Funds:
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.
Terms for Renewal of Scholarship: May be renewed for $1,000 per year for three additional years.
- Must maintain a 3.0 grade point average.
- Submit the renewal form by May 30.