Baja SAE Illinois
June 7-10, 2017
Peoria, Illinois USA
Edwards Shipping Information & Policies
Shipping Address to be used for all shipments (engines, vehicles, general supplies, etc):
Edwards Demonstration & Learning Center
Attn: Baja SAE Illinois 2017
5801 North Smith Road
Edwards, IL 61528
Team/Participant Baja Vehicles
- Site will not receive engines (from Briggs & Stratton) before Monday, May 15, 2017
- Site will not receive vehicles before Thursday, May 26, 2017
- Advance notification via email is required. If you do not provide adequate advance notice, the Edwards facility will not accept your shipment. Information to include:
- Name of school & primary contact information
- Description of shipment/items being shipped
- When and by method will shipment arrive?
- When and by what method will shipment be returned?
- Email to Bufkin_Joseph_C@cat.com attention Joseph Bufkin. You will receive a confirmation email that your shipment will be accepted.
- Only teams who shipped their vehicles/engines will be allowed on site prior to Wednesday, June 7, 2017
- Teams will be allowed to pick up shipped engines and vehicles during normal business hours ONLY (8:00 am – 4:00 pm) beginning Tuesday, June 6, 2017
- Teams must adhere to the following guidelines. Otherwise you will be asked to leave the facility with your vehicle/engine, and you will not be allowed to return until the site opens for the event (Wednesday, June 07, 2017). If you cannot take your vehicle/engine with you, it will remain at the Edwards facility until Wednesday afternoon.
- No driving the vehicles! You may start your car, but it may not move
- Each team must have a fire extinguisher
- No tools will be available from facility – bring your own!
- No welding (outside of event times)
- You will be working outside and in the dirt (no indoor facilities)
- Limited trips in and out of the facility
- No wandering around the facility
- Be professional at all times