Formula SAE Michigan
May 10-13, 2017
Brooklyn, Michigan USA
Michigan International Speedway
|MIS Site Open:||Tue. 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Registration and Vehicle Drop Off ONLY)|
Wed. 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Th. 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Fri. 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Sat. 7:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
|Student Registration (Garage 1):||Tue. 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
Wed. 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thu. - Sat. All students will be registered as spectators
|Information & Volunteer Registration (Garage 1):||Wed. 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
Thu. 6:30 am. - 6:00 p.m.
|Tech Inspection Sponsored by Cummins, Inc. (Garage 2):||Wed. 10:00 a.m. Gear Check Opens|
Wed. Noon - 7 p.m. (no new cars after 6 p.m.)
Th. 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Fri. By appointment 9:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
Sat. By appointment 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. (Re-tech only)
|Scales (Garage 1 drive thru):||Wed. 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
Th. 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Fri. 7:30 a.m. - Noon (for "cornering")
|Tilt/Noise/Brake Sponsored by Akebono:||Th. 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.(Staggered opening times by 30min per event)|
Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
|Fuel Station:||Th. 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
Sat. 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|Practice Area Sponsored by Mahle (Turn 2; use Gate 12):||Th Noon - 5:00 p.m.|
Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sat. 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- NOTE: Cars must complete all 4 parts of tech by 5:30 p.m. Friday to qualify for Endurance.
- 30 minutes' notice is required for all appointments, which can be booked through the announcer in Main Tent.
|TUESDAY, MAY 9, 2017||Location|
|3:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.||Early Registration (Teams MUST drop trucks/trailers in Paddock)||Garage 1|
|WEDNESDAY, MAY 10, 2017||Location|
|9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.||Welcome Ceremony - Sponsored by Honda (student breakfast included)||Main Tent|
|Immediately Following Welcome Ceremony|
Captain and Advisors Meeting
|10:00 a.m.||Tech Inspection Gear Check opens||Garage 2|
|5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||Design Judge Training||Garage 3|
|6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Invitation-Only Reception||Champions' Club|
|7:30 p.m.||Official Closing of the Site - EVERYONE MUST BE OFF SITE|
|THURSDAY, MAY 11, 2017 (all times preceded by "~" are approximate)||Location|
|8:00 a.m.||Drivers Meeting (Brake & Practice) - MANDATORY||Main Tent|
|8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.||Design Event - Sponsored by Bosch - 1st Round Judging Open||Garage 3|
|9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Cost Judging Open||Main Tent|
|9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Presentation Judging Open||MIS Suites|
|Noon - 1:00 p.m.||Lunch Break||Main Tent|
|~2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.||Autocross Sponsored by Magna Course Walk (weather permitting)||Backstretch by Gate 50|
|5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Design Judges Meeting - Judges only||Off Site|
|6:00 p.m.||Staging for Panoramic Photo (weather permitting)||Oval behind Suites|
|6:00 p.m.||Drivers Meeting (All Dynamic Events) - MANDATORY||Main Tent|
|7:30 p.m.||Official Closing of the Site - EVERYONE MUST BE OFF-SITE|
|~9:00 p.m.||Design Finalists announced online||www.sae.org|
|FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2017 (all times preceded by "~" are approximate)||Location|
|7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Autocross Walk Open||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|8:30 a.m.||Course Crew Briefing - Acceleration||Pit Lane|
|8:30 a.m.||Course Crew Briefing - Skid Pad||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|8:45 a.m.||Course Crew Briefing - Autocross||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Design Feedback for Non-finalists (by appt only)||Garage 3|
|9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Skid Pad Event Open (open during lunch)||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Autocross Event Sponsored by Magna Event Open (closed 1.5 hours for lunch)||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|9:30 a.m.||Presentation Seminar||Main Tent|
|10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Acceleration Event Sponsored by Roush Open (closed 1 hours for lunch)||Pit Lane|
|12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Lunch Break (staggered)||Main Tent|
|~5:00 p.m.||Staging for Panoramic Photo (weather make up date)||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|~5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Design Finals - Sponsored by Bosch||Garage 3|
|~7:00 p.m.||Award Ceremony 1 - Sponsored by General Motors||Main Tent|
|9:00 p.m.||Official Closing of the Site - EVERYONE MUST BE OFF SITE IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING AWARD CEREMONY|
|SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2017 (all times preceded by "~" are approximate)||Location|
|7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Endurance Sponsored by Ford Course Walk||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|8:15 a.m.||Course Crew Safety Briefing||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|~8:30 am||Top 3 Teams Design Finalists Announced|
|~9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Design Feedback for Finalists not Top 3, by appointment||Garage 3|
|9:00 a.m.||Endurance/Fuel Efficiency Event Sponsored by Ford Open - Group 1 Only||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|~12:00 p.m.||Endurance/Fuel Efficiency Gate Sponsored by Ford Closes for Group 1||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|~12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Ford Endurance Course Walk||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|~12:30 p.m.||Lunch Break||Main Tent|
|1:30 p.m.||Course Crew back on track||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|~1:35 p.m.||Endurance/Fuel Efficiency Event Sponsored by Ford Open - Group 2 Only||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|~4:00 p.m.||Endurance/Fuel Efficiency Gate Sponsored by Ford Closes for Group 2||Backstretch via Gate 50|
|~5:30 p.m.||Public Viewing of Top 3 Design Finalists||Main Tent|
|~6:00 p.m.||Public Design Review of Top 3 Finalists||Main Tent|
|~7:00 p.m.||Presentation Highlights||Main Tent|
|~ 8:00 p.m.||Final Awards Ceremony Sponsored by General Motors||Main Tent|
|10:30 p.m.||Official Closing of the Site - All Teams and Transporters Must Exit IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING AWARD CEREMONY|
|SUNDAY, MAY 14, 2017|
|9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Site Open ONLY for Pick-Up of Transporters|
- Gate 21 open 6:00 a.m. – 1 hour after site closing Wednesday-Saturday. After hours, you must use Gate 12.
- Teams who participate in early registration MUST drop off their trucks/trailers in the paddock. No unpacking may be done on Tuesday. All teams may participate. Please use Gate 12.
- Site closed to teams May 15, 2017. Teams not shipping cars must remove them by 2 p.m. May 14, 2017.
- No Access During Dynamic Events - Teams may enter site with rigs/trailers/panel trucks ONLY when there are no Dynamic Events running.
- Medical Services - There is no First Aid Station on site. EMS will provide any/all medical attention.
- Overnight Removal of FSAE cars - Removal is allowed, but tech will pull Part 1 of your tech sticker.
- Shipping Cars - Teams shipping cars must have them removed from MIS by 10 a.m. May 15, 2017.
- FM Audio - Announcements can be heard via FM radio (Frequency will be posted in G1 at event).
- Thursday 6pm – Panoramic Photo Staging will start. Watch Formula SAE FB
- Event Closing Times - Acceleration, Skid-Pad & Autocross close exactly at the scheduled time. Your car must cross the starting line before the event closing time to be allowed to complete that run.
- Sponsor Skillshops Wed. 10:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Thurs. 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. Location: Suites 17 & 18.
- Student Breakfast Sponsored by Honda on Wednesday, May 10. Served in Main Tent during Welcome Ceremony.
- ZF Photo Booth hours will be Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Lost and Found - The Announcer in the Main Tent will be the drop-off/pick-up point for any found/lost items. After hours, check with HQ in Garage 1.
- Teams must have their trailers packed and be ready to leave the site immediately following the Award Ceremony Saturday.
|GM Machine Trailer:||GM Internet Cafe (GM Recruitment Tent)|
|Wed.-Fri. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.||Wed. 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
Th. 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sat. 8:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|Lincoln Electric Welding:||Hoosier:|
|Wed.: Noon - 5 p.m.|
Th.-Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat. 8 a.m. - Noon
|Wed.-Fri. 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Sat. 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
|Sponsor SkillShops||Human Solutions|
|Wed.: 10:15 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
Th.: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|Wed.-Fri. 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Ambulance on site:||Concessions:|
|Wed. - Sat.7 a.m. - ~8 p.m.||Wed.-Sat 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.*|
* As business dictates.
May close earlier if deemed appropriate
|MIS Fire trucks on site:|
|Wed. - Sat. 7 a.m. - ~8 p.m.|