Student Membership and Chapters
Did you know. . . ? There are over 17,000 SAE student members at 400+ collegiate chapters throughout the world. SAE student members are the future of the mobility industry and the future of SAE. Many former student members have gone on to successful careers as design engineers and managers with OEMs, suppliers, racing teams, government agencies and universities.
SAE Student membership is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the world of engineering while gaining hands-on experience, making new friends, and networking with professionals in your field.
Join now! Student member dues are only $20 annually, a true bargain for all the benefits. Applicants must be full-time students currently enrolled in a college or university pursuing an associate, bachelor, masters, or doctoral degree. Use the online student member application:
- In English
- In Spanish*
Or download the printable version and mail it with your payment.
Student Member Benefits - All the reasons to join SAE: career resources, free meetings and local events, magazines, discounts, and more.
SAE Collegiate Chapters
Collegiate Chapters are a way for SAE International student members to get together on their campus and develop skills in a student-run and -elected environment. Student Members are vital to the continued success and future of SAE. While your course work teaches you the engineering knowledge you need, participation in your SAE Collegiate Chapter can develop or enhance other important skills, including: leadership, time management, project management, communications, organization, planning, delegation, budgeting, and finance
Collegiate Chapters - Find your Collegiate Chapter by name and geographic location, or find information and resources on how to start and organize your chapter on campus
Industrial Lecture Program - bring industry speakers to your school to learn about real-world engineering solutions.
Graduating? Transfer to professional membership now and take advantage of SAE's many career-related benefits:
- Upload your resume or search for jobs in the members-only online career center
- Take advantage of networking opportunities at SAE events and through local Sections
- Keep up with industry and technology news with a free subscription to Automotive Engineering International, Aerospace Engineering, or SAE Off-Highway Engineering
- Hone your skills with discounted continuing education courses
- Build a library of reference materials with discounts on most SAE books, papers, and standards
Choosing a College - Accreditaton Considerations
* This is a .pdf file. Youll need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.