SAE and The Maintenance Council of American Trucking Associations have established this technical education scholarship to honor the leadership of Donald D. Dawson. From his position as Vice President of Maintenance with Roadway Express, Mr. Dawson worked through SAE and TMC to merge the goals of truck equipment users and manufacturers. As a transport equipment manager, Mr. Dawson combined extraordinary technical understanding and knowledge with vision and foresight to develop practical solutions to equipment problems and vehicle design. A dedicated, lifelong student of his profession and technology, he encouraged professional development in those with whom he worked. This scholarship is intended to encourage the ideal of Mr. Dawson's respected technical competence in transport management. Student Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. resident
- 3.25 grade point average.
- SAT/ACT requirement: Applicant must have a Total SAT score of 1220 or higher and/or an ACT composite score of 27 or above
- Pursue an engineering or related science degree through an ABET accredited program.
- One scholarship will be awarded each year for $1,500 per year.
- Recipient will be selected by the TMC Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- All SAE Scholarship winners will be posted in July/August.
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.