SAE Doctoral Engineering Scholarship
The SAE Doctoral Engineering Scholarship provides financial support for students pursuing doctoral studies in engineering with the intent of pursuing a career in teaching engineering at a university. Students must demonstrate strong academic achievement and leadership ability.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
Terms of Scholarship:
- Open to all U.S. citizens or permanent residents enrolled in a doctoral program who are pursuing a degree in engineering at a U.S. university and plan to pursue a career in teaching engineering.
- GPA requirement: 3.5 or above;
- Demonstrated leadership skills documented by participation in SAE’s Collegiate Design Series, an SAE student chapter or other community or extracurricular activities;
- Required documents include: college transcript; GRE score (if taken); two letters of recommendation; a personal statement (essay) outlining the applicant’s goals and why the applicant is pursuing a doctorate in engineering and a career in teaching
Selection and Announcement of Recipient:
- Two $10,000 scholarships will be awarded each year;
- Students may receive the scholarship multiple years but they must apply for renewal each year.
Payment of Scholarship Funds:
- Recipients will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.