The Dan and Vicky Hancock Scholarship for Mechanical Engineering Excellence, established by Dan and Vicky Hancock, provides financial support for students pursuing college degrees in the field of mechanical engineering. A Kettering graduate, Dan enjoyed a 43-year automotive engineering career at General Motors where he served as Vice President of Global Strategic Alliances. A longtime SAE member, Dan is an SAE Fellow who served on the SAE Foundation Board of Trustees, the SAE International Board of Directors and currently serves as the SAE International President. In 2011, Dan was elected to the National Academy of Engineering - one of the highest honors an engineer can receive. Dan and Vicky believe strongly in helping others and giving back to the community through their many philanthropic and volunteer activities. Student Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. Resident
- 3.5 or better for high school applicants
- SAT I math of 600 or above and critical reading of 550 or above, and/or an ACT composite score of 27 or above
- Pursue an mechanical engineering or related science degree through an ABET accredited program
- One scholarship will be awarded each year for $5,500.
- Students will be eligible to receive the scholarship for multiple years but the student must reapply each year and be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee.
- Recipient will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.