This scholarship was established to honor Ralph K. Hillquist, a retiree from General Motors Proving Grounds, and is funded by the SAE Noise & Vibration Conference and related activities. Mr. Hillquist was the founder of the conference, and served on its general committee. Contributions to this scholarship fund may be directed to the SAE Foundation. Applications will be judged on the basis of academic performance and leadership activities, with additional consideration given for special study or honors in the field of the award. Student Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. Resident
- Enrolled full-time as a junior in a U.S. university accredited through ABET.
- Have a declared major in mechanical engineering or an automotive-related engineering discipline.
- Preference will be given to those individuals with studies/courses in the areas of expertise related to noise and vibration (ex: statics, dynamics, physics, vibration).
- One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded every other year at the SAE Noise & Vibration Conference.
- Recipient will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- Applicants not selected will be notified by the end of July.
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.