Noble R. Patterson Scholarship
The Noble R. Patterson Scholarship, established by Noble R. Patterson through a gift to the SAE Foundation, provides academic financial support for students pursuing an engineering or science-related college degree. SAE will award one $5,000 scholarship each year.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
Terms of Scholarship:
- U.S. Resident
- Open to all applicants - freshman through senior pursuing an engineering or science-related degree through an ABET accredited program;
- 3.5 GPA and a combined SAT score of 1220 or higher and/or an ACT composite score of 27 or above for high school applicants;
- 3.0 cumulative college GPA for upperclassmen;
Selection and Announcement of Recipient:
- One scholarship of $5,000 will be awarded each year;
- Scholarship may be renewed at $5,000/year but students must reapply each year
- One letter of recommendation and an essay that outlines career interest are required
Payment of Scholarship Funds:
- Recipient will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June.
- This scholarship will be paid into your account at your selected university in July/August.
- It can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses.